31 January 2021 at 12:30 pm
1. Welcome, establish a quorum, approval of the previous meeting's minutes
2. Prayer for wisdom & guidance
3. Elders' report
4. Special resolution discussion & vote
5. Elder nominating committee report
6. Vote for elder reconfirmation: Dan H.
7. Ministers' reports
8. Deacons' & ministry leaders' reports
9. Budget for 2021 & vote
10. Results of the special resolution vote & elder reconfirmation vote
11. Dismissal prayer
Each of the votes will use a different method:
- Special resolution: Vote via private chat message to the zoom host. (To pass, special resolutions require 2/3 of the votes cast to be in favour.)
- Elder reconfirmation: Secret ballot vote via opavote.com. Members will be sent instructions via email beforehand.
- 2021 Budget: Vote via a zoom poll.
If you find it hard to hear the elders clearly,
a written transcript of the video is available here.
Exact wording for the proposed bylaw amendment is available HERE
There will be two virtual panel discussions re. this proposal on zoom
Thursday January 14, 6:30-7:30 pm: Join meeting
Meeting ID: 835 5304 1225 Passcode: 537500
Saturday January 23, 7:30-8:30 pm: Join meeting
Meeting ID: 838 7015 7463 Passcode: 518739
Jordan M. will be stepping down from the elder board. Mark L., Alan M., and Dan H. are coming to the end of their current terms as elders. While Mark and Alan will not be renewing their terms, Dan H. will be standing for another three years.
Voting is open to all members (18 and over) who are present.